As the peak body for the health and wellbeing of boys and men in Western Australia much of our energy is directed towards driving social reform and development of the agenda for men’s health and wellbeing in Western Australia.
THE RESULTS WE SEEK TO ACHIEVE
Men’s Health and Wellbeing WA is working to drive the improvement of men’s health and wellbeing through:
- Increased awareness and dialogue of men’s health and wellbeing issues.
- Improvement in the health and wellbeing sector to meet the needs of men.
- Improved health and wellbeing behaviours and increased access of health and wellbeing services by men.
- Growth in sector collaboration, service coordination, research, and innovation.
- State level policy development and improved funding allocation to support better health and wellbeing outcomes for men in Western Australia.
Our core advocacy goals are:
- Commitment and delivery from the state government to provide sufficient funding for men’s health wellbeing over the long term.
- Appointment of a Men’s Interest Minister in Western Australia.
- Development and implementation of a Western Australian Male Health Policy. [Done]
- Development and implementation of a Men’s’ Health and Wellbeing Pathway and Strategy in Western Australia